Friday 15 March 2013

Red Nose Nails!


Hello and Happy Red Nose Day!

I think you must've been living under a rock to not have noticed the build up to Comic Reliefs' Red Nose Day. Whether your office has dressed up, you've watched the charity specials or you're sporting a Dinoroar red nose, the giving spirit is in the air and it's easy to get involved.

Whilst I would normally by a nose or t-shirt from TK Maxx, something caught my eye whilst I was shopping in Claire's...


...RED NOSE NAIL WRAPS!


These designer nail wraps are a Claire's Accessories exclusive and a £1 donation will be made to Comic Relief from the sale of the nail wraps.

A close up of nails with red nose day nail wraps on

Every year there's a theme surrounding Red Nose Day and this year's theme is Dinosaurs which I absolutely adore! There are three characters; Triceytops (on my index finger, far right), T-Spex (on my ring finger), and Dinomite (on my little and middle fingers). Dinomite is definitely my favourite. I love his smile!


A hand with red nose day nail wraps on the nails


In the pack of nail wraps, there are 16 transfers and a nail file and pointed stick to push back cuticles and press down the transfers.  

To apply, you first buff the nail, then wipe with acetone to clean the nail before applying the transfer. To finish you use the nail file included to shape the transfer to your nail. The whole process took me around 20 minutes as it's quite tricky to apply the transfer without any bubbles. 

I also had a little trouble getting the right size transfer for my nail size and as a result, some of the transfer overlaps onto my skin or you can see part of my nail.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my nails, they make me giggle like a kid when I look at them and they've been on for 5 days so far with no problems.


But nail wraps weren't the only thing I bought....



...POM POM GOOGLY EYED RED NOSE HAIR ELASTICS

Roxy with her hair in pigtails with two pom poms securing the hair. The pom poms have googly eyes and are red to celebrate red nose day.

(I'm actually just a big kid)

A close up of a plait of the hair being secured by a pom pom. The pom poms have googly eyes and are red to celebrate red nose day.

I love wearing my hair in bunches and so this double pack of pop pop hair elastics were a must have for me. I adore them, and who can blame me? Claire's make a donation for the sale of these guys too, so it really is a win-win situation.


Have you guys done anything for Red Nose Day?


(In light of recent events, could you please follow my blog on bloglovin'? Just click the button below)
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Love the hair elastics xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These nail wraps are cool as fudge :)
    I did a news story on a cross-dressing bus driver having his legs waxed today!
    Busy busy bee
    Http://kewteepye.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooove the nail wraps! So much fun! You look cute ion the pigtails aswell lol xx

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you. Pigtails are my go-to hairstyle :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, many internet hugs for you!
I try to read to all comments within 12 hours but if you would like a quicker response, please tweet me at @Roxysmakeupbox :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...